Suzuki Samurai is a popular off-road vehicle that has gained immense popularity over the years. The vehicle is known for its compact size and excellent off-road capabilities. Since its launch, many owners have been looking to enhance the interior of their Samurai to get the most out of their driving experience. One way to do so is by upgrading the seats. But the question is, what seats will fit in a Suzuki Samurai?
The answer to that question is not as simple as you might think. Suzuki Samurai comes with specific seat measurements, which makes it challenging to find replacement seats that will fit perfectly. Fortunately, there are still some options to consider. In this blog post, we will discuss the different types of seats that can fit in your Suzuki Samurai.
If you are looking for a quick and simple replacement, factory seats are the best option. You can find OEM seats from a Suzuki dealer or an auto parts store. These seats are designed to fit the Suzuki Samurai, and you can be assured of a perfect match in terms of look and feel. Factory seats also come with similar mounting points and features, making them easy to install and set up.
If you want to add a touch of style to your Samurai or are looking for something more customized, aftermarket seats are the way to go. There is a wide range of aftermarket seats available, including racing seats, bucket seats, and even heated seats. The downside to these seats is that they require a bit of modification because they typically do not have the same mounting points as the factory seats. This means that you may need to drill new holes or make some other modifications.
In conclusion, finding the right seats for your Suzuki Samurai may require a bit of research and testing. However, the above options provide a good starting point for anyone seeking to enhance the interior appearance and comfort of their Samurai. Whether you opt for the factory or aftermarket seats, make sure to test them before installation and ensure they fit securely and comfortably. Always prioritize safety when selecting replacement seats for your car to maintain the structural integrity of your vehicle.
Overview of Suzuki Samurai Measurements
If you are searching for new seats for your Suzuki Samurai, it is important to know the exact measurements of the interior and the seats. The Suzuki Samurai is a compact SUV, also known as Jimny, produced from 1985 to 1995. The first-generation Samurai has a 79-inch wheelbase and an overall length of 135 inches. It has a height of 64 inches and a width of 60 inches. The second-generation Samurai, which was produced from 1998 to 2004, has an 80-inch wheelbase and an overall length of 139 inches. It has a height of 66 inches and a width of 61 inches.
Dimensions of the Interior
The interior of the Suzuki Samurai is compact but functional. The first-generation Samurai has an interior width of 48 inches, an interior height of 49 inches, and an interior length of 62 inches. The second-generation Samurai has an interior width of 47 inches, an interior height of 50 inches, and an interior length of 63 inches. These measurements are important to consider when looking for new seats that will fit inside the vehicle.
Dimensions of the Seats
The seats of the Suzuki Samurai are designed to fit the small interior of the vehicle. The front seats are bucket seats with a width of approximately 20 inches and a height of approximately 32 inches. The rear seat is a bench seat with a width of approximately 44 inches and a height of approximately 14 inches. It is important to note that the rear seat of the Suzuki Samurai is not a 60/40 split, but instead, it folds down to create additional storage space in the back of the vehicle.
|Generation||Wheelbase (in)||Overall Length (in)||Height (in)||Width (in)|
Seat Dimensions for Suzuki Samurai
If you’re looking for replacement seats for your Suzuki Samurai, it’s important to know the seat dimensions so you can find seats that will fit properly. Here are the seat dimensions for the Suzuki Samurai:
|Driver’s seat||19.5 inches||32 inches||20 inches|
|Passenger seat||18 inches||32 inches||20 inches|
|Rear seat||43 inches||14 inches||20 inches|
Bucket seats are a popular option for those looking to replace the seats in their Suzuki Samurai. Here are some bucket seats that will fit in a Suzuki Samurai:
- Sparco R100: The Sparco R100 is a great option for those looking for a racing-style bucket seat. It has a width of 21 inches and a height of 33 inches, making it slightly larger than the stock Suzuki Samurai seats.
- Corbeau Baja XRS: The Corbeau Baja XRS is a popular off-road bucket seat that will fit in the Suzuki Samurai. It has a width of 20 inches and a height of 34 inches, making it a comfortable option for off-road adventures.
- Smittybilt Standard Bucket Seat: The Smittybilt Standard Bucket Seat is a budget-friendly option that will fit in the Suzuki Samurai. It has a width of 19 inches and a height of 24 inches, making it a bit smaller than the stock seats.
If you’re looking for a more traditional option, a bench seat might be a good choice for your Suzuki Samurai. Here are some bench seats that will fit:
- Mastercraft Baja RS Bench Seat: The Mastercraft Baja RS Bench Seat is a popular option for off-road vehicles. It has a width of 40 inches and a height of 35 inches, making it a bit wider and taller than the stock rear seat.
- Bestop TrailMax II Bench Seat: The Bestop TrailMax II Bench Seat is a comfortable option for those who want a bit more padding in their seats. It has a width of 40 inches and a height of 21 inches, making it a bit shorter than the stock rear seat.
Aftermarket Seats for the Suzuki Samurai
If you are looking for aftermarket seats for your Suzuki Samurai, there are a few things to consider before making your purchase. Aftermarket seats can provide improved comfort, style, and support, but it is important to ensure that the seats you choose are compatible with your vehicle.
Type of Aftermarket Seats
There are several types of aftermarket seats available for the Suzuki Samurai, including:
- Bucket seats: These seats are designed to provide maximum support and comfort, and are often used in high-performance vehicles.
- Bench seats: These seats are a good option for those who need to accommodate more passengers, as they can seat up to three people.
- Racing seats: These seats are designed for racing, and are lightweight and built to withstand high speeds and g-forces.
- Reclining seats: These seats can be adjusted to recline to a comfortable angle, and are a good option for long drives.
Brand of Aftermarket Seats
When it comes to choosing a brand of aftermarket seats for your Suzuki Samurai, there are many options to consider. Some of the top brands include:
|Sparco||High-quality, lightweight, and durable|
|Recaro||Known for comfort and support, with a range of styles to choose from|
|Bride||Popular for racing seats, with a wide range of styles and colors available|
|Cobra||Specializes in racing seats, with lightweight and durable options available|
Other popular brands include Corbeau, NRG, and OMP. When choosing an aftermarket seat, it is important to choose a reputable brand with a track record of producing high-quality seats that are built to last.
Used Seats for Suzuki Samurai
If you are looking to replace the seats in your Suzuki Samurai, used seats can be a more affordable option compared to buying new ones. However, it is important to make sure that the used seats you are considering are compatible with your vehicle.
Here are some used seats that have been known to fit in a Suzuki Samurai:
|Jeep Wrangler YJ seats||Compatible||May require slight modification to fit|
|Ford Explorer seats||Compatible||May require slight modification to fit|
|Geo Tracker seats||Compatible||May require slight modification to fit|
|Suzuki Sidekick seats||Compatible||Direct fit|
Keep in mind that while these seats have been known to fit in a Suzuki Samurai, there may still be variations in the models or years that can affect compatibility. It is important to do thorough research and measurements before making a purchase.
Where to Find Used Seats
There are several places where you can look for used seats for your Suzuki Samurai:
- Auto salvage yards
- Online marketplaces such as Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, and eBay
- Online forums and groups dedicated to Suzuki Samurai enthusiasts
- Local classified ads in newspapers or online
Before purchasing a used seat, make sure to inspect it thoroughly for any damages or wear and tear. It is also important to ask the seller for any information on the seat’s compatibility with your vehicle.
How to Know if the Seat is Compatible
When looking for used seats for your Suzuki Samurai, it is important to know what to look for to ensure compatibility. Here are some things to consider:
- Seat dimensions: Measure the width and height of the seat to compare it to the dimensions of the original seats in your vehicle.
- Mounting points: Check if the mounting points of the seat match the ones in your vehicle.
- Electrical components: If the seat comes with any electrical components such as power adjustments or heated seats, make sure they are compatible with your vehicle’s electrical system.
- Seat belts: Check if the seat belts are compatible with your vehicle’s seat belt system.
If you are unsure about the compatibility of a used seat, it is best to consult with a mechanic or an experienced Suzuki Samurai enthusiast for guidance.
Installing New Seats in a Suzuki Samurai
Warnings and Precautions
Before installing new seats in your Suzuki Samurai, it is important to take note of a few warnings and precautions. Firstly, make sure to disconnect the battery before starting any work on your car. This will prevent any electrical accidents from happening. Secondly, make sure that the new seats you are installing are compatible with your Suzuki Samurai. Refer to the car’s manual or consult with an expert if you are unsure. Lastly, make sure to follow all instructions carefully and take all necessary safety precautions.
Tools Needed for Installation
When installing new seats in your Suzuki Samurai, there are a few tools that you will need. These include a socket wrench set, a torque wrench, pliers, a flat head screwdriver, and a Phillips head screwdriver. It is also recommended to have a pair of work gloves and safety goggles on hand. Make sure that all tools are in good condition before starting the installation process.
Steps to Install the Seats
Installing new seats in your Suzuki Samurai can be done in a few easy steps:
- Remove the old seats: Use the socket wrench set to remove the bolts that hold the old seats in place. Then, gently lift the seats out of the car and set them aside.
- Install the new seat tracks: Place the new seat tracks onto the existing holes in the floor of your car. Use the torque wrench to secure the tracks in place with bolts.
- Attach the new seats: Line up the new seats with the seat tracks and use the bolts to attach them. Make sure that the seats are securely in place and do not wobble.
- Test the seats: After installing the new seats, test them out to ensure that they are functioning correctly. Make sure that the seats are comfortable and that they can be adjusted to your liking.
- Clean up: Finally, clean up any mess that was made during the installation process and dispose of any old parts properly.
By following these steps, you can easily install new seats in your Suzuki Samurai and improve your driving experience.
In conclusion, there are many seats that can fit in a Suzuki Samurai. From the stock seats to aftermarket options, there are plenty of choices for those who want to upgrade or replace their current seats. It is important to consider factors such as comfort, safety, and compatibility when selecting new seats. After all, the seats are an essential component of any vehicle, especially when it comes to off-road adventures.
It is also worth noting that some seats may require modifications to fit properly in a Samurai. This can include drilling new holes, adjusting brackets, or fabricating custom mounts. It is important to have a professional install any new seats to ensure they are properly secured and safe for use.
When considering new seats, it is also important to think about your personal preferences and needs. Do you want seats with extra cushioning for a more comfortable ride? Are you looking for seats with additional lumbar support to help reduce back pain? Do you need seats with adjustable height or recline features? These are all factors to consider when selecting new seats for your Suzuki Samurai.
Overall, there are many options available when it comes to selecting seats for a Suzuki Samurai. From upgrading to aftermarket seats to simply replacing worn-out stock seats, there are plenty of choices for Suzuki Samurai owners looking for a more comfortable and safe ride. With careful consideration and professional installation, new seats can help enhance the overall driving experience of this classic off-road vehicle.