If you are in the market for a new SUV, the Mazda CX-5 is certainly worth considering. This popular crossover SUV has been praised for its sleek design, comfortable interior, and impressive fuel efficiency. One feature that many buyers look for in an SUV is a power liftgate, as it can make loading and unloading cargo much easier. But does the Mazda CX-5 have a power liftgate?
Mazda CX-5 Overview:
The Mazda CX-5 is a compact SUV that has been on the market since 2012. It is known for its responsive handling, advanced safety features, and modern design. It comes in three different trim levels, each of which offers unique features to fit different needs and budgets. The 2021 Mazda CX-5 has an MSRP starting at $25,270, making it a relatively affordable option in the crossover SUV market.
A power liftgate can be a convenient feature for anyone who frequently uses their SUV to transport bulky items or groceries. With a power liftgate, you simply press a button, and the liftgate will automatically open or close. This can be especially helpful if you have your hands full, or if you are trying to access the trunk in inclement weather. So, does the Mazda CX-5 have a power liftgate?
Mazda CX-5 Power Liftgate:
The answer is yes, the Mazda CX-5 does have a power liftgate available as an optional feature on certain trims. The Grand Touring Reserve and Signature trims both come standard with a power liftgate, while the Touring and Grand Touring trims offer it as an optional add-on. However, the base Sport trim does not have a power liftgate as an option.
If you are in the market for a new SUV and a power liftgate is important to you, the Mazda CX-5 could be a great option. While it is not available on the base Sport trim, it is standard on the higher-end Grand Touring Reserve and Signature trims, and can be added as an option on the Touring and Grand Touring trims. With its sleek design, advanced safety features, and now a power liftgate, the Mazda CX-5 is definitely worth considering.
Overview of the Mazda CX-5
The Mazda CX-5 is a compact SUV that was first introduced in 2012. It was designed to be a sporty, fun-to-drive alternative to the many other boring SUVs on the market. It quickly became a popular choice for people who wanted a stylish and practical vehicle that was also affordable.
The Mazda CX-5 was introduced in 2012 and quickly became a popular choice in the compact SUV market. It was designed to be a more stylish and fun-to-drive alternative to the many other boring SUVs on the market.
Over the years, the CX-5 has undergone several updates and redesigns, improving its features, performance, and overall appeal. The current model year (2021) boasts many advanced safety features and a comfortable, refined interior.
Key features of the Mazda CX-5
The Mazda CX-5 is known for its stylish design and fun-to-drive performance, but it also boasts many other impressive features. Here are some of the key features of the current model year:
- Safety features: The 2021 CX-5 includes many advanced safety features, such as blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert, and lane departure warning.
- Comfortable interior: The CX-5’s interior is designed to be comfortable and inviting, with features like leather-trimmed seats and dual-zone automatic climate control.
- Infotainment system: The CX-5’s infotainment system includes an 8-inch touchscreen display, Bluetooth connectivity, and Apple CarPlay/Android Auto compatibility.
- Performance: The CX-5 is available with two engine options: a 187-horsepower 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine and a 250-horsepower turbocharged 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine.
- Storage space: The CX-5 offers ample storage space, with 30.9 cubic feet of cargo space behind the rear seats and 59.6 cubic feet with the rear seats folded down.
One feature that some people may be wondering about is the power liftgate. Does the Mazda CX-5 have a power liftgate? Let’s take a closer look.
What is a power liftgate?
A power liftgate is a motorized rear door that can be opened and closed automatically, without the need for manual effort. This feature is particularly useful for those who frequently carry heavy or bulky objects in the trunk of their vehicle, as it allows for easier loading and unloading. Power liftgates are a common feature in many modern SUVs and crossovers, including the Mazda CX-5.
How does the power liftgate work?
The power liftgate on the Mazda CX-5 is operated using either a button on the key fob or a button located on the liftgate itself. When the button is pressed, a small motor engages and raises or lowers the liftgate as needed. This motor is typically powered by the vehicle’s electrical system or a separate battery, and is controlled by a series of sensors and programming that ensures smooth and safe operation.
The liftgate can also be adjusted to different opening heights using the power liftgate settings in the CX-5’s infotainment system. This is particularly useful for those who have limited vertical clearance in their garage or parking space, as it allows them to set the liftgate to open to a height that will not hit the ceiling or other obstructions.
What are the advantages of a power liftgate?
There are several advantages to having a power liftgate on your Mazda CX-5:
- Convenience: The ability to open and close the liftgate without needing to use your hands or physical effort is a major convenience for many drivers, especially those who frequently carry heavy or bulky items in the trunk.
- Safety: The power liftgate’s sensors and programming ensure that it operates smoothly and safely, reducing the risk of accidents or injuries that can occur when manually opening or closing a heavy liftgate.
- Customization: The CX-5’s power liftgate settings allow you to adjust the liftgate’s opening height to suit your needs and preferences, making it easier to load and unload items in a variety of different situations.
- Value: A power liftgate is a desirable feature that can add value to your CX-5, both in terms of resale value and overall utility.
Overall, the power liftgate is a highly useful feature that can make your life easier and more convenient, especially if you frequently transport heavy or bulky items in your Mazda CX-5.
Does the Mazda CX-5 have a power liftgate?
The Mazda CX-5 is a well-equipped compact SUV that has garnered a lot of attention since its release. One of the many features that people look for in an SUV is the power liftgate. This feature has become a standard in most SUVs, but does the Mazda CX-5 have a power liftgate?
Yes, some models of the Mazda CX-5 have a power liftgate.
If you’re wondering whether the model you’re interested in has a power liftgate, you’ll need to check the specifics. Below is a list of Mazda CX-5 models that have a power liftgate and those that do not.
Models of the Mazda CX-5 that have a power liftgate
|Model Year||Trim Levels with Power Liftgate|
|2021||Grand Touring, Grand Touring Reserve, Signature, Carbon Edition Turbo|
|2020||Touring, Grand Touring, Grand Touring Reserve, Signature|
|2019||Touring, Grand Touring, Grand Touring Reserve, Signature|
|2018||Grand Touring, Grand Touring Reserve, Signature|
As you can see, the higher-end models of the Mazda CX-5 come equipped with a power liftgate as standard. If you want this feature in your car, you’ll have to opt for one of these models.
Models of the Mazda CX-5 that don’t have a power liftgate
The Mazda CX-5 models that don’t come with a power liftgate are:
- Carbon Edition
If having a power liftgate is not a dealbreaker for you, and you’re okay with manually opening and closing the trunk, these models may be more budget-friendly options for you.
Pros and Cons of Having a Power Liftgate in a Mazda CX-5
The Mazda CX-5 is a popular crossover SUV that combines performance, style, and utility. One of the features that makes this vehicle stand out is the power liftgate. Here are some of the pros of having a power liftgate in your Mazda CX-5:
- Convenience: With a power liftgate, you can easily open and close the rear hatch without having to use your hands. This is especially useful when you have your hands full with groceries, luggage, or other items.
- Safety: A power liftgate eliminates the need to reach up to close the hatch, which can be a strain on your back and shoulders. It also reduces the risk of injury from lifting heavy items in and out of the cargo area.
- Style: A power liftgate adds a sleek and modern look to your Mazda CX-5. It also makes it easier to access the cargo area, which is a great feature for people who use their vehicle for work or travel.
- Technology: The power liftgate is an advanced feature that is not available on all vehicles. It demonstrates the innovative technology that Mazda has incorporated into the CX-5, which can enhance the overall driving experience.
While a power liftgate can be a great feature to have, it does come with some drawbacks. Here are some of the cons of having a power liftgate in your Mazda CX-5:
- Cost: A power liftgate is an optional feature that comes with an additional cost. If you are on a tight budget, it may not be worth the investment.
- Maintenance: As with any advanced feature, a power liftgate may require maintenance or repairs over time. This can add to the overall cost of owning a Mazda CX-5.
- Weight: A power liftgate is heavier than a manual liftgate, which can affect fuel efficiency and handling. It can also make it more difficult to close the hatch manually if the power liftgate fails.
- Reliability: While power liftgates are generally reliable, they can malfunction or break down over time. This can be a frustrating and inconvenient experience for Mazda CX-5 owners.
Aftermarket Options for a Power Liftgate in a Mazda CX-5
If you’re looking for a power liftgate for your Mazda CX-5, you may be wondering if it’s available as a factory-installed option. Unfortunately, the answer is no, but that doesn’t mean you’re out of luck. There are aftermarket options available that can give you the convenience of a power liftgate.
One option is to purchase a complete kit that includes everything you need for installation. Another option is to purchase individual components and install them yourself or have them installed by a professional. Either way, you can enjoy the convenience of a power liftgate without having to purchase a new vehicle.
The cost of an aftermarket power liftgate for your Mazda CX-5 can vary depending on the specific components you choose. A complete kit that includes everything you need for installation can cost between $500 and $1,000. If you choose to purchase individual components and have them installed by a professional, the cost can range from $500 to $1,500.
While the cost of an aftermarket power liftgate may seem steep, it can be worth it for the convenience it provides. You’ll no longer have to struggle with lifting heavy items into your vehicle or manually opening and closing the liftgate.
Timing and Installation Process
The timing and installation process of an aftermarket power liftgate can vary depending on the specific components you choose and whether you install them yourself or have them installed by a professional. A complete kit can take anywhere from 3 to 6 hours to install, depending on your level of expertise. If you choose to have individual components installed by a professional, the timing can vary depending on their availability and schedule.
When installing an aftermarket power liftgate, it’s important to follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully to ensure proper installation and operation. If you’re not comfortable with installing the components yourself, it’s best to have them installed by a professional to ensure the job is done correctly.