In the automobile industry, it is common for car manufacturers to have different brands and divisions under their umbrella. One such example is Nissan and Infiniti. Nissan is a Japanese multinational automobile manufacturer, whereas Infiniti is a luxury division of Nissan.
Many car buyers who own an Infiniti car often wonder if they can get it serviced at a Nissan dealership. This is a valid question, considering both brands are under Nissan’s parent company. In this blog, we will explore whether a Nissan dealer can service an Infiniti car and everything you need to know about it.
Are Nissan Dealers authorized to service Infiniti cars?
The simple answer is yes! Infiniti cars can be serviced at Nissan dealerships, and there is no harm in it. In fact, most Nissan dealerships are also Infiniti dealerships, meaning they have both brands’ expertise and can provide services for Infiniti cars.
What services can Nissan dealerships provide for Infiniti cars?
Nissan dealerships are authorized to provide a wide range of services for Infiniti cars. These services include routine maintenance, oil changes, brake services, and other mechanical repairs. Nissan dealerships have the necessary tools, equipment, and training to service Infiniti cars and keep them running smoothly.
Does getting Infiniti serviced at Nissan affect the car’s warranty?
No, getting your Infiniti car serviced at a Nissan dealership does not affect its warranty. Infiniti cars come with a warranty, and as long as the services provided at the Nissan dealership are within the manufacturer’s guidelines, the warranty remains valid.
In conclusion, if you own an Infiniti car and are wondering where to get it serviced, you can confidently take it to a Nissan dealership without any hesitation. Nissan dealerships have the expertise and equipment needed to provide top-notch services for Infiniti cars, and the car’s warranty remains unaffected.
As a Nissan dealer with 20 years of experience in the automotive industry in New York, I often get asked whether Nissan dealerships are able to service Infiniti vehicles. In short, the answer is yes. Both Nissan and Infiniti are brands under the Nissan Motor Corporation umbrella. While Infiniti is positioned as a luxury brand, the two share many similarities in terms of engineering and design.
What is Infiniti and Nissan?
Infiniti is a luxury brand that was launched in 1989, aimed at competing with other luxury automakers such as Lexus and BMW. On the other hand, Nissan is a mainstream brand that has been around since 1933. Both brands fall under the Nissan Motor Corporation, which is headquartered in Japan.
Differences between Infiniti and Nissan
While there are many similarities between Infiniti and Nissan, there are also a few key differences. These include:
- Design: Infiniti vehicles are generally considered to have a more luxurious design compared to Nissan vehicles. Infiniti vehicles also tend to have more high-end features and amenities.
- Price: As a luxury brand, Infiniti vehicles are generally priced higher than their Nissan counterparts.
- Marketing: Infiniti vehicles are marketed as luxury vehicles, while Nissan vehicles are marketed as more mainstream options.
- Target audience: Infiniti vehicles are typically targeted towards consumers who are willing to pay more for luxury and high-end features. Nissan vehicles are targeted towards a wider range of consumers, including those looking for affordability and reliability.
In summary, while there are some differences between the two brands, Nissan dealerships are generally equipped to service Infiniti vehicles.
Can a Nissan Dealer Service an Infiniti?
Nissan and Infiniti are both car brands under the same parent company, Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. Although Infiniti is marketed as a luxury brand, it still shares many similarities with Nissan vehicles. This has led many people to wonder if a Nissan dealer can service an Infiniti. The answer is yes, but there are some factors to consider.
Reasons Nissan dealerships can service Infiniti
Since Nissan and Infiniti share the same parent company, the two brands have a lot of interchangeable parts and technologies. This means that Nissan dealerships have access to the necessary parts and knowledge to service Infiniti vehicles. Additionally, many Nissan dealerships have technicians who are specifically trained to work on Infiniti vehicles.
According to Nissan’s official website, “All Nissan dealerships offer Infiniti service and parts departments to help keep your Infiniti running like new”. This means that you can take your Infiniti to a Nissan dealership and expect to receive the same level of service as you would at an Infiniti dealership.
Benefits of servicing an Infiniti at a Nissan dealership
There are several benefits to getting your Infiniti serviced at a Nissan dealership. Firstly, Nissan dealerships are typically more widespread than Infiniti dealerships, so it may be more convenient for you to take your Infiniti to a nearby Nissan dealership.
Secondly, servicing your Infiniti at a Nissan dealership can save you money. Since Infiniti is marketed as a luxury brand, their dealerships typically charge more for the same services as Nissan dealerships. By taking your Infiniti to a Nissan dealership, you can expect to pay less for routine maintenance and repairs.
Finally, getting your Infiniti serviced at a Nissan dealership can help you establish a relationship with the dealership. This can be helpful in the future if you decide to buy a Nissan vehicle, as you will already have a trusted service provider that you are familiar with.
Why go to an Infiniti dealer instead?
When it comes to servicing your Infiniti car, the first question that may come to your mind is whether you should take it to a Nissan dealer or an Infiniti dealer. After all, Infiniti is a luxury brand of Nissan, so it’s natural to think that Nissan dealerships can also handle Infiniti cars. However, there are some reasons why you might want to go to an Infiniti dealer instead.
Advantages of an Infiniti dealer over a Nissan dealer
Here are some of the advantages of taking your Infiniti to an Infiniti dealer:
- Specialized knowledge and training: Infiniti dealerships have technicians who are specially trained to work on Infiniti vehicles. They have the knowledge, skills, and equipment to diagnose and repair any problems that your car may have.
- Access to genuine Infiniti parts: Infiniti dealerships use only genuine Infiniti parts for repairs, which ensures that your car is getting the best quality components. Nissan dealers may use aftermarket or generic parts that may not fit or perform as well.
- Personalized service: Infiniti dealerships offer a more personalized and attentive service compared to Nissan dealerships. Since Infiniti is a luxury brand, the service is also tailored to match the premium experience that Infiniti owners expect.
Why some Infiniti owners choose to go to Nissan dealerships
Despite the advantages of going to an Infiniti dealer, some Infiniti owners still choose to go to Nissan dealerships. Here are some possible reasons why:
- Cheaper prices: Nissan dealerships may offer lower prices for servicing and repairs compared to Infiniti dealerships. This may be appealing for Infiniti owners who want to save money.
- Convenience: If there are no Infiniti dealerships nearby, or if the Nissan dealership is closer, it may be more convenient to take the car there instead.
- Familiarity: Some Infiniti owners may have had positive experiences with their local Nissan dealership and feel comfortable going there instead of an Infiniti dealership.
Can an independent mechanic service an Infiniti?
Yes, an independent mechanic can service an Infiniti. However, it’s essential to ensure that the mechanic has adequate knowledge and experience in dealing with Infiniti cars. It’s recommended to take your Infiniti to a Nissan dealership because Nissan owns Infiniti, and their mechanics are well-versed with Infiniti’s operations.
Benefits of using an independent mechanic for an Infiniti
Using an independent mechanic can be beneficial if you’re trying to cut down costs. Usually, independent mechanics charge lower rates than dealerships. Also, independent mechanics are more flexible and offer customized solutions, which may not be possible with dealerships.
Moreover, independent mechanics can sometimes be more efficient as they work on fewer cars. Dealerships work on various car models, and your Infiniti may not always get priority.
Another advantage of using an independent mechanic is that they can offer more personalized service. Independent mechanics build long-term relationships with their clients, and you may develop a personal relationship with the mechanic. As a result, the mechanic is more likely to provide better service.
Risks of using an independent mechanic for an Infiniti
However, using an independent mechanic also comes with some risks. Independent mechanics may not always use original equipment manufacturer (OEM) parts, which may affect the performance of your Infiniti.
Moreover, some independent mechanics may not have access to the latest technology or diagnostic tools, which can result in incorrect diagnosis of the problem. This can lead to costly repairs and also put your safety at risk.
Furthermore, independent mechanics may not always provide warranties on their work. In contrast, dealerships usually offer warranties, which can be useful if something goes wrong after the repair.
Therefore, it’s important to weigh the benefits and risks of using an independent mechanic before making a decision.
In conclusion, as a Nissan dealer with more than 20 years of experience in the automotive industry, I can confidently say that a Nissan dealer can certainly service an Infiniti. Since Infiniti is a luxury brand of Nissan, their vehicles share a lot of parts and components. Furthermore, Nissan dealerships are authorized to service Infiniti vehicles, and the technicians are trained to handle all kinds of repairs for these cars.
However, there are a few factors to consider when choosing where to service your Infiniti, which we will explore in the following section.
Factors to consider when choosing where to service your Infiniti
While Nissan dealerships are equipped to handle Infiniti repairs, there are a few factors to consider when choosing where to service your vehicle.
- Proximity: It’s important to choose a service center that is close to your location for convenience and accessibility.
- Experience and expertise: Look for a service center with experienced technicians who are trained to handle luxury vehicles like Infiniti.
- Equipment and facilities: Ensure that the service center has state-of-the-art equipment and facilities to properly diagnose and repair your Infiniti.
- Warranty: Check if the service center offers a warranty on their repairs, so you can have peace of mind in case something goes wrong.
- Customer service: Choose a service center with friendly and knowledgeable staff who can answer your questions and keep you updated on the progress of your repairs.
By considering these factors, you can choose the best service center for your Infiniti and ensure that your luxury vehicle is in good hands.